Home > Forum > Artwork and Graphics > Final Size vs Guide Area
Final Size vs Guide Area
  • Posted By : Allbrotnar
    Posted on: 19th June 2018 11:30 PM
    Hello, I am working to align my carsd to the Poker card template and What I'd like to do is go for a borderless card design.

I've mistakenly used a different size template when laying out my designs (rookie mistake, I know!), and the symbols I need shown on the cards tend to go over the Guide area. How accurate are the cuts when it comes to the "Final Size" (magenta) guides? I'm just trying to assess how much work I need to do to re-arrange all the cards :D
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 20th June 2018 8:20 AM
    Hi Allbrotnar,

The guide are is there to ensure all content remains as central and well placed even if there is some movement in the print.
    This being said we do have a very well trained team who are good at what they do so if you can't get it all within the guide area I would simply advise you get it all as close to as you can.

Regards,
    Ash.
  • Posted By : Allbrotnar
    Posted on: 20th June 2018 11:38 PM
    Thank you, that's a huge help!

I am encountering another issue where I am trying to upload my cards, but I get the following error:

REJECTED (Page Sizes should be 69x94mm. You supplied a file 272mm x 371mm)

My files are that size, but at 300 DPI. Should I be reducing the resolution? Or have I exported things in the wrong way?
    Cheers!
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 21st June 2018 8:41 AM
    Hi Allbrotnar,

The Art boards need to be 69x94mm as the template shows. If you are exporting them then try to make sure they don't change size in the process.
    300x300 resolution is good.

Regards,
    Ash.
Sorry you must be logged in to post.