Home > Forum > GamerMaker Support > Cost of 150x150mm boards compared to other sizes
Cost of 150x150mm boards compared to other sizes
  • Posted By : jamioflan
    Posted on: 3rd May 2018 4:10 PM
    150x150mm boards are £3.96, and I can't add multiple images to print off several in one batch.
    However, 250x250mm boards and various other sizes are £4.62.

The issue I have is that I am designing a game where the world tiles have a 3x3 grid on them and my playing cards are 50x50mm. To get enough tiles to fill a 9x9 grid with 3x3 tiles, I need to print 9 150mm tiles, at £36. But if I changed the design of the game to use 4 4x4 or 5x5 tiles, then I would only be paying £18 for the tiles. I don't really want to redesign the game (as it will lose customisation options in doing so), so is there some way to get the same area of boards but cut into 150mm squares at a similar price?
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 10th May 2018 8:31 AM
    Hi Jamioflan,

I'm afraid all our products are priced based upon production time, process and material cost so where the 150 is smaller and costs slightly less on material, the process is still very much the same to the larger boards so I see how you mean with the costs being more for the same surface area but I'm afraid there isn't anything we can really do with this bar recommend the next up size which as you said is cheaper.

Regards,
    Ash.
    Posted on: 16th May 2018 10:12 AM
    Hi Ash,

Thanks for the response. I noticed that you can print a sheet of 20 100x50mm square chits. So it seems like the chit boards would be big enough to fit at least a couple of 150mm squares. Would this be possible?

For reference, I am trying to create a series of interchangeable world tiles, like the Civ board game. https://i.imgur.com/sOdcE7P.png

Thanks,
    Flan

• Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 29th May 2018 9:34 AM
    Hi Flan,

We have looked into this and the problem of sheet layout and adjusted the site pricing.
    As we can layout multiples we now charge for a base amount and then more per page after.

Regards,
    Ash
    Posted on: 29th May 2018 4:03 PM
    Hi Ash,

Thanks so much! I was worried I'd have to order them somewhere else or start ordering larger boards and chopping them up myself.

Flan
Sorry you must be logged in to post.